Cathryn L. Leff, M.A.,
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) received her B.A. degree in
Psychology from UCLA, M.A. degree in Counseling Psychology from
Pepperdine University and PhD (ABD) in International Psychology with a concentration in Trauma Response from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Currently, she is working on a PhD in Psychology with a concentration in Mental Health Policy and Practice at Northcentral University. She has been licensed as a Marriage and
Family Therapist since 1996.
Ms. Leff worked for UCLA's Career Counseling Center as a Psychometrist, and as
Social Worker for the Department of Children and Family Services. Ms. Leff also worked as a Clinician for San Diego County Children's Mental
Health; conducting psychological evaluations for children, and attending IEP meetings at schools with her recommendations.
Following her work with children, Ms. Leff worked at Tri-City Medical Center, conducting Psychiatric Evaluations for the Emergency Department, and at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center as an Emergency Department Patient Liaison/Analyst.
Ms. Leff was also previously the Director of Family Services for the Soboba Band of Luiseno Indians, and is currently working as a Clinical Program Manager for Uplift Family Services.
Ms. Leff has a Private Practice specializing in Trauma, Marriage/Relationship Counseling, Teens who engage in Self-Injury, Boderline Personality Disorder, Anger Management, ADD/ADHD, and Parenting issues with difficult children. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
- Board Secretary for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) as of June 4, 2016
- Board Director-at-Large for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) appointed June 5, 2015
- Founder and Past-President of the Southwest Riverside County Chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Clinical Member of the California
Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Clinical Member of the
American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Associate Member of the American Psychological Association (APA).